Welcome Back Quilters!
At last tally, almost 80 members have already renewed their memberships! Good going! Those that sent in their forms early are eligible for a draw held at our first meeting, Thursday, September 13th. The prize is your membership fees back!
Our first meeting is Thursday, September 13 at 7PM. Remember this is 15 minutes earlier than last year; as our membership grows it is becoming prudent to start earlier and have the sign up business a more orderly process. The doors open at 6:15 and the library will be open, so you have more time to look at the books and chat with friends.
The executive will be providing snack at this meeting as well as tea and juice, other wise you are free to bring your own drinks.
Please remember to bring all or some of the following items:
1) $$$ for membership if you have not already signed up.
2) Name tag (so we can remember your names, the membership is getting larger), chatelaine (because we are proud to wear our colours), your own mug (to help keep the landfills clear of styrofoam and paper cups), and the Secret Notion (to encourage regular visits to this blog). Each item brought earns you a ticket for a fat quarter draw!
3) Secret Notion is a.....tape measure.
4) Bring in any completed Kids' Quilts.
5) A fabric postcard for the Postcard swap. Drop off a postcard to the guild and receive another one back in the mail! Keep the address blank but sign your own, so we know to whom to send a card. To help keep the costs down, feel free to affix a real stamp to the post card, otherwise we will provide.
6) $$$ for basket draw, tickets are 50 cents each or 3 for a dollar.
7) Show and Share, bring the quilty things you completed this summer!
Please check out the sidebar on the right for a listing of the Guild's sponsors. These sponsors help to defray the costs of producing our newsletter. These people deserve our support in return. Please check them out first when looking for your quilting needs!
I have posted a sneak peek at our guest speakers, with links to their websites if they have one, also in the sidebar. An updated list will be available after the first meeting.
Look forward to seeing you all soon!
Comments are closed.